16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence
Asia-Pacific Commemoration of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women and Girls
This year’s theme is “#HearMeToo: End Violence against Women and Girls”, reflecting on the unprecedented global and regional mobilization behind #MeToo and other movements that are giving voice to a long-suppressed crisis, emphasizing our support to escalating protests against sexual harassment and assault.
The regional commemoration will include E.Quality Talks where Thai activists and survivors of violence will deliver their powerful and personal stories with a focus on how all of us can address and work to eliminate violence against women and girls.
The companion exhibition, #DontTellMeHowToDress, will also be held at the UN Conference Centre, helping deliver a strong message by displaying the clothes that survivors and victims wore when they were assaulted.
What: Asia-Pacific Commemoration of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women and Girls, E.Quality Talks, and #DontTellMeHowToDress Exhibition
Where: Ground Floor Auditorium, United Nations Conference Centre, Rajdamnern Nok, Bangkok, Thailand
When: Friday, 23 November 2018, 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Ms. Cindy Bishop, Social activist, founder of #DontTellMeHowToDress, actress
- Ms. Busayapa Srisompong, Pro-bono lawyer for survivors of violence, founder of SHero
- Ms. Wipaphan Wongsawang, Artist, social activist, founder of ThaiConsent
- Chitsanupong Nithiwana, LGBTIQ activist
- Ms. Watcharapon Kukaewkasem, EVAW activist from Akha ethnic community, migrant women’s rights advocate, social worker
- Ms. Kamolros Wonguthum, Feminist artist
- Ms. Melissa Alvarado, Ending Violence against Women Specialist/UNiTE Programme Manager, UN Women Asia-Pacific Regional Office
- Ms. Ingrid Fitzgerald, Regional Gender and Human Rights Advisor, UNFPA Asia-Pacific Regional Office
Dress code: Wear orange!